Agriculture website

Because of the great response from the audience in this blog, I'm thinking to make a large website related to agriculture.

At this stage I've planned the following things:
  • The name of the domain to register.
  • What kind of information to put in the website, that is, content for the site.
  • How to generate an income from the site.

Domain Name

This is something like "xyz.com" that people will use to reach our website. I had planned to use "KrishiNepal.Com" initially. However, now I'm thinking to use "YuvaKisan.Com". I know I shouldn't have displayed this name publicly in the web. However, I hope no one will copy this name!

Site Content

The original idea is to list all the successful agricultural business of Nepal, especially the ones, which are using newer technologies and doing agriculture in an exemplary manner. That will help the prospective farmers or agricultural entrepreneurs to get motivation and contact information to contact the successful farmers easily.

Later, I wanted to expand the site to include all the necessary information about various types of agricultural products and the methods of producing them. Another idea that has struck my mind is to create an online group of farmers (also known as forum) to help them communicate with each other and discuss about their agricultural problems, marketing strategies, and so on.

Generate Income from the Site

I'm planning to use my regular Adsense ads in the beginning. However, I am thinking to expand the advertising and sell the ad space to the local people, NGOs and INGOs working to improve agriculture, agro-based trading firms, and so on who want to advertise in our site.

I'm planning to provide free ad posting section in the forum for the farmers to advertise their products. If this becomes successful, then the farmers will also learn about the effectiveness of online advertising and hence will be willing to buy ad-space, thus becoming our customer.

Apart from these, I would try to use any other appropriate monetizing strategy.

Areas where I need some help

Although I have the idea in my mind, there are areas where help is highly appreciated. Since, I am thinking "BIG", I want to go ahead with proper planning and with good confidence level.

The areas where I need help are:

  • I'm thinking to use WordPress platform. So, I need a good "template" suitable for an agricultural site.
  • I'm in need of a reliable forum platform. PHPBB is there and there are a few more free forum platforms. I need to choose the one which is most reliable and where the SPAM problem is the lowest!
  • On the content front, I am in need of help from the people who have extensive knowledge on Agriculture.
  • Plus, any other agricultural information, information about agrobusinesses in Nepal, and so on are highly appreciated.
If you want to help me, please contact me at premgaire.2007@gmail.com. You can reach me through Facebook as well, my profile is at http://www.facebook.com/Prem.N.Gaire.


These are the plans that I've in my mind now. If you have any feedback or comment for us, then I would be happy to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...